Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do I disable the anti-lock breaking in my 2000 Ford Explorer XLS?

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer xls. The anti lock break sensors need to be replaced, but I am not going to keep the car much longer. When breaking the anti-lock mechanism keeps engaging. I pulled the fuse for the anti-lock break and it fixes the problem, but it disables the speed odometer. Is there another way to disable the anti-lock breaks?How do I disable the anti-lock breaking in my 2000 Ford Explorer XLS?Just pull the large fuse for the ABS under the hood. The brakes will just act like regular ones then.

That fuse has nothing to do with the odometer. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Scan the computer with an OBDII scanner. A bad transmission output sensor could be causing the odometer and ABS problems.How do I disable the anti-lock breaking in my 2000 Ford Explorer XLS?UH, you are going to tell the new owner of the problem right? It sounds like your trying to hide the problem from a prospective buyer, if so, that's fraud, and there are laws out there that could hold you criminally liable for knowingly disabling a safety feature of the vehicle.
The best thing you can do is just go ahead and fix it, or tell the buyer there's a problem with it.
EDIT: well if it's scrap then just unplug the wire going to the master cylinder, if it causes a trouble code, put a jumper wire in between the terminals of the wire, or pull the fuse, if you pulled the right fuse it shouldn't still be working.
Plus I'm trying to figure out why the speedometer quit, should have no relation to the brake system at all.How do I disable the anti-lock breaking in my 2000 Ford Explorer XLS?if its going to scrap or donation, why are you so worried about the car then? if its scrap then dont even worry about messing with it, if its a donation they will fix what is wrong with it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment